After receiving and being so happy with his first two basses from Better Mousetrap Guitars, Aaron decided he needed to round out his collection and complete his front line with another 4-string.
Initially, since this would be another 4-string, our idea was to try to duplicate his first bass in wing lamination and maple in the walnut and the neck flipped, but with how much he preferred the tone of his second bass, we decided to change things up a little bit. What we ended up with is as you see below: Evil Twin; the wings are a copy of the laminations from the first, the fretboard is the same as the first, the neck laminations are a copy from the second, and the electronics carried over from both for tonal consistency.
It's really been an amazing experience working with Aaron on these basses and I hope I get to do more work with him in the future. Thank you to Aaron and everyone in the Breaking Benjamin camp, my suppliers of hardware, pickups, and everything else that goes into making these basses, and, most importantly, my wife for putting up with my disappearing into the basement for hours on end and constatnly encouraging me in my craft.
- Better Mousetrap Guitars Aurora Ball Scroll
- 4-string, 34" scale
- Wings: Granadillo faces with maple accent line over black walnut
- Neck: Maple with black walnut details
- Fretboard: West African ebony
- Hardware: Hipshot Ultralite tuners and A-Style bridge
- Electronics: Nordstrand Big BladeMan pickups and 3B-5A preamp