purpleheart over walnut
This instrument was something I came up with when a previous customer had reached out about commissioning a double-neck guitar. While I usually try to make all my customers’ dreams come true, this was a case where I steered things toward something a little different. The customer asked for a double-neck guitar with the goal of using it through a loop pedal. While I could have build a double-neck guitar, I was a little worried that if some of that novelty wore off they might not be as happy with the final product.
In the end, instead of two separate necks (one guitar, one bass), we opted to mash them together and go with a hybrid approach and something that was in that sweet spot between a guitar and a bass akin to a Fender Bass VI that we called Grimace the Game Changer.
- Ball scroll, 7-string, 30″ scale, 24 frets
- Walnut wings with purpleheart faces and maple accent layers
- Maple, walnut, and purpleheart neck
- Maple fretboard
- Kent Armstrong extra wide soapbar pickup
- Aguilar 3-band preamp
- Hipshot Ultralite and Grip-Lock tuners
- Hipshot A-Style bridge